Is everyone who opposes gay marriage a bigot? What about a religious person who supports civil unions but opposes gay marriage? Is that person always a bigot?
In this Slate Plus podcast extra, Slate’s Will Saletan and Mark Joseph Stern revisit a debate they explored over a series of posts in March.
Here are a few of the links mentioned in their discussion:
- “Ross Douthat’s Canny (and Utterly Dishonest) Defense of Homophobia,” Mark’s March 3 rebuttal to a column by the New York Times columnist.
- “A Polite Homophobe Is Still a Homophobe,” by Mark, March 6.
- “The Photographer’s Story,” by Will, March 7.
- “Purge the Bigots,” by Will, April 4.
- “Are Anti-Gay Activists Bigots? A Brilliant, Disturbing New Book Says Yes,” by Mark, July 29.
For info on how to subscribe to the Slate Plus podcast feed, go here.