Meet the New Bosses
How the Republicans would run the Senate.
Even by Russian Standards, Moscow’s Anti-War March Was Surprisingly Grim
Did America Get Fat by Drinking Diet Soda?
A high-profile study points the finger at artificial sweeteners.
Sep 22, 2:12 PM - WILLA PASKIN - 2M to read Even if You Don’t Like Superhero Movies, You Might Like Gotham
Sep 22, 1:29 PM - A.J. MCCARTHY & A. MORALI - 1M to read Is U.S. Intervention in Africa the Modern Jim Crow?
Sep 22, 1:10 PM - DAVID ROSENBERG - 2M to read One Photographer’s Beautiful and Devastating Response to Climate Change
Sep 22, 12:44 PM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 1M to read The U.S. Is So, So Far Behind Europe on Clean Energy
Sep 22, 12:31 PM - L. NAYLOR & R. NAYLOR A Simple Trick to Conquer Loose Laces on Running Shoes (Video)
Sep 22, 12:30 PM - JOSHUA KEATING - 2M to read Turkey Just Got Forty-Six Hostages Back From ISIS. How Did That Happen?
Sep 22, 12:29 PM - AMANDA MARCOTTE - 3M to read Escaping the Extreme Christian Fundamentalism of "Quiverfull"
Sep 22, 12:22 PM - ADAM STERNBERGH - 3M to read Why Netflix Is the New Miramax—and Streaming TV Shows Are the New Indie Movies
Sep 22, 12:22 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY Times Error Envisions Alternate Universe Even Worse Than Our Own
- Apple Invented the Perfect Way to Handle Your Giant New Phone NFL Jerk Watch: Roger Goodell
- Do People Still Die of Rabies? Gays on TV: From National Freakout to Modern Family Fun
- How to Organize Your Fridge What Really Caused the Nicaraguan Crater?
- Beware the Coffee Pot Ask a Homo: Secret Ally Codes
Dear Prudence Live Chat
For September 22, 2014.
All Shook Up
Overgrown Mean Girls
Can of Worms
One Photographer’s Beautiful and Devastating Response to Climate Change
Sometimes You Just Need to Print Your Photos the Old-Fashioned Way
This Is All That’s Left of New York’s Once-Thriving Borscht Belt
The Movies May Have Forgotten About Them, but Black Cowboys Are Thriving
Inside the Exclusive World of Members-Only Clubs
Ethereal Views of Earth From Way Up High
The Hidden Beauty of New York City’s Basements
The Crumbling and Abandoned Remains of Italy’s Once-Grand Discotheques
- Slate Money Slate Money on Whether China Is the New Japan
- The Gist Mike Pesca’s Friend Dave Wants You to Listen to Xavier Sing
- Live at Politics & Prose Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Discusses Off the Sidelines, Her New Book
- Political Gabfest Are Progressives Too Pragmatic to Vote for Progressive Candidates?
Your Own Personal Rand Paul How the libertarian hero makes his foreign policy contradictions disappear.
Divestment Isn’t the Answer To destroy demand for fossil fuels, universities can do a lot better than just selling some stocks.
Slate Voice: “Why Is So Much Honey Clover Honey?” Mike Vuolo shares the story of your honey.