It’s almost the end of pledge season on Slate podcasts! Show your support for Represent—and get ad-free podcasts, bonus content, and even more great perks—by signing up for Slate Plus at Slate.com/representplus.
Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris is joined by friends of the podcast old and new, including Black Girl Nerds contributor Jacqueline Coley, Vulture writer Alex Jung, and TCM host Tiffany Vazquez. They discuss representation on new and returning fall shows, debate which television trends should die out, and try to ace Aisha’s pop quiz.
- How Insecure cinematographer Ava Berkofsky lights the show’s black cast properly
- Aisha’s conversations with One Day at a Time showrunner Gloria Calderon Kellett and star Rita Moreno
- What we can expect from Sanctuary Family, the upcoming undocumented immigrant comedy from David Feeney
- Megyn Kelly’s Santa Claus freakout
- Our episode with the creators of Brown Girls, the show now heading to HBO
- The Hispanic Federation, where you can donate to aid Puerto Rico
Represent is heading to the New Orleans Film Festival! Get your tickets and join Aisha Harris in conversation with actress and director Gabourey Sidibe on Saturday, Oct. 14.
Want to attend our live show on us? Leave a comment on our Facebook wall telling us which Represent episode is your favorite and why. We’ll randomly choose one listener to receive a pair of tickets.
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at email@example.com.