Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt and New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone to discuss the trials of Huma Abedin, polyamory, and texting exes.
Other items discussed in the show:
- An April New York Times Magazine cover story on Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin.
- The Dirty’s exclusive on Weiner/Carlos Danger
- Hanna’s response to Abedin standing by Weiner after the latest scandal.
- BuzzFeed’s report on “Sydney Leathers,” the woman Weiner sexted.
- Slate’s Carlos Danger name generator.
- The American Prospect piece by Kent Greenfield on the “slippery slope” from gay marriage to polygamy and incest.
- Sierra Black’s Salon article, “Our Successful Open Marriage.”
- Maureen O’Connor’s New York magazine piece: “All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up.”
Allison Benedikt wants to let Will and Kate know about Baby Name Wizard’s Name Voyager feature, to find out where the name George ranks and to gather research for the next one.
Noreen Malone found Peg Bracken’s I Hate to Housekeep at a used bookstore and says it’s the best hilarious summer read/cool housewarming gift on Amazon.
Listeners: Do you have any housekeeping corner-cutting tips? What’s your secret to make your house look cleaner than it really is? Share your ideas on our Facebook page.
TODAY IN SLATE
Blacks Don’t Have a Corporal Punishment Problem
Americans do. But when blacks exhibit the same behaviors as others, it becomes part of a greater black pathology.
I Bought the Huge iPhone. I’m Already Thinking of Returning It.
Scotland Is Just the Beginning. Expect More Political Earthquakes in Europe.
Students Aren’t Going to College Football Games as Much Anymore
And schools are getting worried.
Two Damn Good, Very Different Movies About Soldiers Returning From War
Lifetime Didn’t Think the Steubenville Rape Case Was Dramatic Enough
So they added a little self-immolation.
The Most Terrifying Thing About Ebola
The disease threatens humanity by preying on humanity.