Listen to Mom and Dad Are Fighting by clicking on the audio player below:
In this week’s edition of Slate’s parenting podcast Mom and Dad Are Fighting, Slate editors Allison Benedikt and Dan Kois are joined by author Susan Katz to talk about the joy and tsuris of celebrating both Hanukkah and Christmas with your children. Then Dan and Allison discuss the rise of the parenting hate-read— articles in the New York Times (and, uh, Slate) that seem designed to enrage parents (but also to keep them clicking).
Other items discussed in the show:
- Susan Katz Miller’s book Being Both: Embracing Two Religions in One Interfaith Family.
- Amanda Hess in Slate on parenting hate-reads.
- The one and only Allison Benedikt in Slate on parenting hate-reads.
- These outstanding New York Times parenting hate-reads: “What’s In a Name? Ask Google,” “The Nanny Recipes: Skip the Microwave,” “Where Babysitting Is Truly an Art.”
- A current Google Image Search for “Kaleya.”
Mom and Dad recommend:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you thought of today’s show and give us ideas for what we should cover in the next edition.