Listen to “Hang Up and Listen NCAA Extra” with Josh Levin and Mike Pesca by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen on Facebook here:
In this Hang Up and Listen NCAA Extra, Josh Levin and Mike Pesca talk to Ken Pomeroy of KenPom.com about Thursday’s upsets, rooting for your algorithm, and why a No. 16 seed should’ve beaten a No. 1 by now.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- You can see all of Ken Pomeroy’s rankings at KenPom.com.
- Check out Ken’s bracket on Deadspin.
- Thursday’s big upsets: Dayton over Ohio State, Harvard over Cincinnati, North Dakota State over Oklahoma.
- Not quite an upset: No. 1 seed Florida beat No. 16 seed Albany by 12 points.
- In 2012 Ken wrote: “This is the year a 1 loses to a 16.” (He was wrong.)
- In the Wall Street Journal, Ben Cohen explained how a 16-over-1 upset will happen.
- Ken’s piece for Deadspin on Tennessee: “Is a No. 11 Seed Actually Among the Best Teams in the Country?”
- FiveThirtyEight.com made its NCAA predictions by creating a composite of Ken’s ratings and four other college hoops predictions.
Podcast production and edit by Mike Vuolo.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Democrats’ War at Home
How can the president’s party defend itself from the president’s foreign policy blunders?
Congress’ Public Shaming of the Secret Service Was Political Grandstanding at Its Best
Michigan’s Tradition of Football “Toughness” Needs to Go—Starting With Coach Hoke
A Plentiful, Renewable Resource That America Keeps Overlooking
Windows 8 Was So Bad That Microsoft Will Skip Straight to Windows 10
Cringing. Ducking. Mumbling.
How GOP candidates react whenever someone brings up reproductive rights or gay marriage.
You Deserve a Pre-cation
The smartest job perk you’ve never heard of.