Listen to “Hang Up and Listen NCAA Extra” with Josh Levin and Mike Pesca by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen on Facebook here:
In this Hang Up and Listen NCAA Extra, Josh Levin and Mike Pesca talk to Ken Pomeroy of KenPom.com about Thursday’s upsets, rooting for your algorithm, and why a No. 16 seed should’ve beaten a No. 1 by now.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- You can see all of Ken Pomeroy’s rankings at KenPom.com.
- Check out Ken’s bracket on Deadspin.
- Thursday’s big upsets: Dayton over Ohio State, Harvard over Cincinnati, North Dakota State over Oklahoma.
- Not quite an upset: No. 1 seed Florida beat No. 16 seed Albany by 12 points.
- In 2012 Ken wrote: “This is the year a 1 loses to a 16.” (He was wrong.)
- In the Wall Street Journal, Ben Cohen explained how a 16-over-1 upset will happen.
- Ken’s piece for Deadspin on Tennessee: “Is a No. 11 Seed Actually Among the Best Teams in the Country?”
- FiveThirtyEight.com made its NCAA predictions by creating a composite of Ken’s ratings and four other college hoops predictions.
Podcast production and edit by Mike Vuolo.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TODAY IN SLATE
Scalia’s Liberal Streak
The conservative justice’s most brilliant—and surprisingly progressive—moments on the bench.
Colorado Is Ground Zero for the Fight Over Female Voters
There’s a Way to Keep Ex-Cons Out of Prison That Pays for Itself. Why Don’t More States Use It?
The NFL Explains How It Sees “the Role of the Female”
The Music Industry Is Ignoring Some of the Best Black Women Singing R&B
Theo’s Joint and Vanessa’s Whiskey
No sitcom did the “Very Special Episode” as well as The Cosby Show.
The Other Huxtable Effect
Thirty years ago, The Cosby Show gave us one of TV’s great feminists.