Listen to "Hang Up and Listen" with Josh Levin and Mike Pesca by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen on Facebook here:
This episode is brought to you by Squarespace, the fast and easy way to create and manage a high-quality website or blog. Create a website that's uniquely you, all in the design and colors of your choice. For a free trial, go to Squarespace.com/hangup.
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Josh Levin and Mike Pesca talk about how the Seahawks and Broncos advanced to the Super Bowl. They also discuss other NFL matters, including the greatness of Peyton Manning, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman’s gruesome knee injury, and the power and glory of the Seahawks’ Richard Sherman.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- The Broncos beat the Patriots and the Seahawks beat the 49ers to advance to the Super Bowl.
- The MMQB’s Peter King on Peyton Manning.
- Manning said “Omaha!” 31 times on Sunday, raising $24,800 for charity.
- ESPN.com’s Mike Reiss says Tom Brady’s overthrows hurt the Patriots on Sunday.
- Wes Welker’s hit on Aqib Talib knocked the Patriots cornerback out of the game.
- Sports Illustrated’s Robert Klemko asked if it was a dirty play or good clean football.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick called the hit by Welker, his former player, “one of the worst plays I've seen.”
- The 49ers’ NaVorro Bowman tore his ACL during a play that was shown incessantly by Fox.
- Pro Football Talk tries to explain why Bowman’s fumble recovery was not reviewable.
- Deadspin has video of Richard Sherman’s post-game interview with Fox’s Erin Andrews and unpacks the feud between Sherman and the 49ers’ Michael Crabtree.
- Sherman wrote a column after the game for The MMQB.
- Chris Brown’s Grantland story on Seahawks coach Pete Carroll’s defensive philosophy.
- The MMQB’s Greg A. Bedard on how the Broncos and Patriots use pick plays to counteract modern NFL defenses.
Podcast production and edit by Alexis Diao. Links compiled by Casey Butterly.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TODAY IN SLATE
The End of Pregnancy
And the inevitable rise of the artificial womb.
Doctor Tests Positive for Ebola in New York City
How a Company You’ve Never Heard of Took Control of the Entire Porn Industry
The Hot New Strategy for Desperate Democrats
Blame China for everything.
The Questions That Michael Brown’s Autopsies Can’t Answer
Kiev Used to Be an Easygoing Place
Now it’s descending into madness.
Don’t Just Sit There
How to be more productive during your commute.