Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Double X Gabfest, Slate’s Hanna Rosin and June Thomas join New York editor Noreen Malone to talk about Emma Sulkowicz’s sex tape/performance art about sexual assault, Caitlyn Jenner and what it means to be a woman, and Aziz Ansari’s book on the sociology of modern dating.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Emma Sulkowicz’s latest artwork, Ceci N’est Pas Un Viol
- Caitlyn Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover
- “What Makes a Woman?” by Elinor Burkett in the New York Times
- “What Is a Woman?” by Michelle Goldberg in the New Yorker
- Republicans’ reactions to Caitlyn Jenner’s coming out, from the Washington Post
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg
- Amanda Hess’ review of Modern Romance in Slate
- The book trailer for Modern Romance
June recommends the Wachowskis’ new Netflix show, Sense8.
Noreen recommends watching oldie, feminist-y movies such as Thelma & Louise.