Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX founding editor Hanna Rosin joins Outward editor June Thomas and New York editor Noreen Malone to talk about the politics of getting a mani-pedi, Kim Kardashian’s new book, Selfish, and how men work their work-life balance.
Other items discussed in the show:
- “The Price of Nice Nails” and “Perfect Nails, Poisoned Workers” in the New York Times
- “What Getting Your Nails Done Really Means” by Ann Friedman in the Cut
- Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture by Ellen Ruppel Shell
- Selfish by Kim Kardashian
- Laura Bennett’s review of Selfish in Slate
- “Why Some Men Pretend to Work 80-Hour Weeks” in the Harvard Business Review
Hanna recommends ESPN’s article on athlete Madison Holleran, “Split Image.”
Noreen recommends Welcome to Me, Kristen Wiig’s new movie.
June recommends the Sonia Delaunay exhibit at the Tate Modern in London.
Outro: “Oh Yeah” by Yello