Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX founding editor Hanna Rosin joins Outward editor June Thomas and New York editor Noreen Malone to discuss the Maryland couple who were reported to the police for letting their kids walk home alone, the 36 questions that help you fall in love, and the second season of Broad City.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Hanna on the Maryland parents investigated for letting their kids walk home from the playground alone.
- The Meitivs on Good Morning America and Fox News.
- The “Modern Love” column on willing yourself to fall in love.
- The original Arthur Aron study on creating intimacy.
- The 36 questions you can ask to create intimacy.
- Rachel Syme in Grantland on Broad City.
- A glowing review of Season 2 from Laura Miller of Salon.
- New Yorker profile of Abbi and Ilana.
Noreen is into The Empathy Exams, a book of essays by Leslie Jamison.