Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins Slate writer Amanda Hess and New York editor Noreen Malone to discuss sexting, the Gone Girl movie, and male feminists.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Hanna’s cover story in the Atlantic on sexting
- Amanda Hess on the history of the psycho bitch in movies
- Wesley Morris’ Gone Girl review in Grantland
- David Haglund on the role of the famous “Cool Girl” speech in the movie
- Kat Stoeffel’s essay on the male feminist
- Sociologist Kris Macomber on the history of the male feminist
- An interview with Hugo Schwyzer
Hanna recommends Wesley Morris’ reviews in Grantland.
Amanda Hess suggests you watch Anita Sarkeesian’s YouTube series, “Tropes vs. Women in Video Games.”
Noreen, going highbrow, recommends that you watch this video of second-graders reviewing the fancy restaurant, Daniel. Also that you dive into the Gwyneth-Martha feud.