Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins Outward editor June Thomas and New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone to discuss the Jennifer Weiner, whether weed culture is hostile to women, and what your workout gear says about you.
Other items discussed in the show:
- The Jennifer Weiner profile in The New Yorker.
- Jessica Grose’s defense of chick-lit.
- Jessica Grose’s novel, Sad Desk Salad.
- Ann Friedman’s “Why Aren’t Women At Home in the World of Weed?”
- Marie Claire’s “Stiletto Stoners.”
- Noreen Malone on Lululemon’s Chip Wilson.
- The Washington Post makes the case for “workout wear Friday.”
Hanna recommends Masters of Sex.
June says skip Masters of Sex and watch Scott & Bailey.
As part of her ongoing quest to make country music fans out of DoubleX listeners, Noreen wants you to download Ashley Monroe’s “Weed Instead of Roses.”
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page. Tell us what we should cover in the next edition.