Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt and New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone to discuss the Orthodox Jewish feminists in Israel, a new book about abstaining from sex, and George Saunders’ commencement speech about kindness.
Items discussed in the show:
- Dahlia Lithwick and Allison Kaplan Sommer’s New Republic cover story, “The Feminists of Zion.”
- Lithwick’s Slate piece on Women of the Wall.
- Sophie Fontanel on “Life Without Sex.”
- Fontanel’s new book, The Art of Sleeping Alone.
- George Saunders’ Syracuse University commencement speech.
- Susan Dominus’ New York Times Magazine cover story, “Is Giving the Secret to Getting Ahead?”
Allison Benedikt wants everyone to take the time for the heartbreaking longread, “A Hollywood Ending.”
On a lighter note, Noreen Malone says to check out the Onion’s coverage of the royal baby.
Hanna Rosin recommends that if you are ever in East Calais, Vt., go stuff your face with goodness from the Bohemian Bakery.