Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt and New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone to discuss gay marriage and monogamy (or the lack thereof); Wendy Davis and that crazy Texas abortion bill; and Alonso Mateo, child style icon.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Liza Mundy’s Atlantic story, “The Gay Guide to Wedded Bliss.”
- Steven Thrasher’s Gawker piece on “the truth about gay marriage.”
- Mimi Swartz’s 2012 Texas Monthly piece, “Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, Wives.”
- Amanda Marcotte on pro-choice protestors’ victory in Texas.
- Amanda Marcotte again, this time on the GOP’s state-by-state strategy to dismantle abortion rights.
- “The 5-Year-Old Boy Who’s Become an Instagram Style Icon.”
- Mike D’s Brooklyn brownstone.
Allison Benedikt recommends Maria Bamford’s weirdo Ask My Mom! Web series.
Hanna Rosin can’t stop looking at the Pinterest board, “My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter.”
Noreen Malone says Ciara’s “I’m Out” with Nicki Minaj should be your summer girl anthem.
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.