Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate contributing writer Seth Stevenson to discuss the rise of the retro wife; Steubenville, Ohio, rape case; and how to find the perfect office wife.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Michael Winerip’s New York Times essay on how dudes can’t have it all either.
- Jessica Grose on “Cleaning: The Final Feminist Frontier.”
- Video of Steubenville football players bragging.
- Joan Didion’s “Sentimental Journeys” about the Central Park jogger rape case.
- Emily Bazelon’s New York Times story on the victims of child pornography.
- Seth Stevenson in GQ on how to find the perfect office wife.
- The 1987 David Owen piece that supposedly coined the term office wife
Noreen Malone says you should be reading Renata Adler.
Seth Stevenson recommends awesome 30-year-old dudes on TV like himself.
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.
Also, check out our producer Abdullah Rufus’ podcast, “DJ Grandpa’s Crib.”
TODAY IN SLATE
One of the most amazing feats in chess history just happened, and no one noticed.
The Extraordinary Amicus Brief That Attempts to Explain the Wu-Tang Clan to the Supreme Court Justices
Amazon Is Officially a Gadget Company. Here Are Its Six New Devices.
Amazon Is Officially a Gadget Company
How Much Should You Loathe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell?
Here are the facts.
The Human Need to Find Connections in Everything
It’s the source of creativity and delusions. It can harm us more than it helps us.
How to Order Chinese Food
First, stop thinking of it as “Chinese food.”