Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt and New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone to discuss the second season of Girls; female linguistic trends on Twitter; and Slate senior editor Emily Bazelon’s new book, Sticks and Stones.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Slate’s Guys on Girls TV Club, and particularly David Haglund and Daniel Engber’s critique of the episode, “One Man’s Trash.”
- Hanna Rosin’s response.
- David Haglund’s response to Hanna Rosin’s (and others’) response.
- The study, “Gender and Twitter: Style, Stances, and Social Networks.”
- BuzzFeed’s story, “How Men and Women Tweet.”
- Amanda Marcotte’s take on XX Factor.
Hanna Rosin recommends that you check out photographer Rebecca Martinez’s photo series of the Reborn movement, a group of mostly women who collect, create, and care for extremely life-like baby dolls.
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.
Also, check out our producer Abdullah Rufus’ podcast, “DJ Grandpa’s Crib.”