Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt to discuss women and guns in the wake of the Newtown tragedy; Judd Apatow’s new movie, This Is 40; and the agony (or ecstasy) of going home for the holidays.
Other items discussed in the show:
- This New York Times profile of Nancy Lanza.
- Porochista Khakpour’s essay on falling in and out of love with guns.
- Amanda Marcotte’s XX Factor post, “Sympathy for Nancy Lanza.”
- This report on the uptick of women gun users and owners.
- Dana Stevens’ pan of This Is 40.
- David Denby’s more positive review.
- Ethan Hauser’s essay, “The Total Agony of Family Time.”
Noreen Malone recommends you listen to the Nashville soundtrack.
Allison Benedikt wants you to check out Wilma Hurskainen’s photography series, Growth, and then re-enact your own old family photos if you dare.
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.