DoubleX Gabfest: The Hipster Sexism Edition
Listen to Slate’s wrapup of the election, examination of the term “hipster sexism,” and the recent nanny murder case.
Posted Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012, at 10:37 AM
Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate assistant editor Katy Waldman to discuss the election and whether the “war on women” really exists; the trending term “hipster sexism”; and how the media handled the nanny murder case.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Will Saletan’s article for Slate, “No Exception.”
- The Sean Duffy ad that tells you vote for him, “the cute one.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Ann Romney, Mitt’s Right-Hand Girl.”
- Tina Fey’s response to all the recent rape comments.
- Alissa Quart’s New York magazine piece, “The Age of Hipster Sexism.”
- Alyssa Rosenberg’s DoubleX post, “How Digital Reporting Changes How We Understand the Krim Murders.”
Hanna Rosin recommends Lois Lowry’s Son.
Noreen Malone is a staff writer for the New Republic.
Hanna Rosin is the author of The End of Men, a co-founder of Slate's DoubleX and a senior editor at the Atlantic. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter or Facebook or visit her website.
Katy Waldman is a Slate assistant editor.