Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate assistant editor Katy Waldman to discuss the election and whether the “war on women” really exists; the trending term “hipster sexism”; and how the media handled the nanny murder case.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Will Saletan’s article for Slate, “No Exception.”
- The Sean Duffy ad that tells you vote for him, “the cute one.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Ann Romney, Mitt’s Right-Hand Girl.”
- Tina Fey’s response to all the recent rape comments.
- Alissa Quart’s New York magazine piece, “The Age of Hipster Sexism.”
- Alyssa Rosenberg’s DoubleX post, “How Digital Reporting Changes How We Understand the Krim Murders.”
Hanna Rosin recommends Lois Lowry’s Son.
TODAY IN SLATE
One of the most amazing feats in chess history just happened, and no one noticed.
Amazon Is Officially a Gadget Company. Here Are Its Six New Devices.
Do the Celebrities Whose Nude Photos Were Stolen Have a Case Against Apple?
The NFL Explains How It Sees “the Role of the Female”
Amazon Is Now a Gadget Company
How to Order Chinese Food
First, stop thinking of it as “Chinese food.”