Prudie and writer Juan-Pablo Brammer explore the fine line of low-key racism. Then, your questions:
- How can I keep my sister from terrorizing my new boyfriend?
- Help! My in-laws hold me prisoner in their home country.
- Closer to home: Can I tell my husband’s parents not to hook up in my kid’s bed?
- I’ve been supporting my sister. Then I found out she’s been trash-talking our family on the internet.
- How do I tell my husband I’m bisexual?
Slate Plus members get full-length ad-free episodes of Slate’s Dear Prudence podcast every week. Membership starts at just $5 a month—or, for a limited time, $35 a year. Sign up today and try Slate Plus free for two weeks.
Copy this link and add it to your podcast app:
For full instructions see the Slate Plus podcasts FAQ.
Access to the full Dear Prudence podcast is available exclusively to Slate Plus members. Learn more and listen to previous episodes at Slate.com/PrudiePod.
Got a question for Prudie? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or leave a voice mail message at 401-371-DEAR (3327), and you may hear your question answered on a future episode of the show.
Read Prudie’s Slate columns here. Production by Audrey Dilling.