In the Nov. 11 "Movies," David Edelstein misstated the name of the actor who played Mr. Collins in the film Pride & Prejudice. It was Tom Hollander, not Tom Holland.
In a Nov. 10 "Chatterbox," Rick Santorum was identified as a senator from Virginia. He represents the state of Pennsylvania.
In a Nov. 8 "Supreme Court Dispatch," Dahlia Lithwick implied that Mr. Randolph is a lawyer. He was disbarred.
In the Nov. 7 "Press Box," Jack Shafer drew an incorrect inference about the survey data based on the way it was presented by the Times. The Times published only the "strongly agree" answers to some of the survey questions. The Press Box originally assumed that any survey respondent who didn't "strongly agree" with the survey question disagreed with it—i.e., if 14 percent of respondents from divorced families strongly agreed that they felt like outsiders in their own home, then the other 86 percent didn't feel like outsiders in their own home. But as the Times did not mention, the survey included four other categories: "somewhat agree," "somewhat disagree," "strongly disagree," and "don't know/refused." By treating all those who didn't "strongly agree" as a single disagreeing category, Shafer missed those respondents who somewhat agreed or didn't answer. For example, while 14 percent of respondents from divorced families "strongly agreed" that they felt like outsiders in their own home, another 16 percent "somewhat agreed" that they felt like outsiders in their own home, and about 0.5 percent didn't know or refused to answer. So, only 69 percent—not the 86 percent suggested by the piece—didn't feel like outsiders in their own home.
In the Nov. 7 "War Stories," John Dickerson failed to mention that Samantha Ravich had returned to work in the office of the vice president.
In a Nov. 4 "Jurisprudence," Emily Bazelon stated that Roe, Brown,and Miranda are Warren Court precedents. In fact Roe was decided by the Burger Court.
In the Nov. 4 "Number 1," Brendan I. Koerner misstated the name of Televisa's current boss; it's Emilio Azcarraga Jean.