Slate in the News
RECENT AWARD HIGHLIGHTS:
- Slate/Dahlia Lithwick won the 2013 National Magazine Award in the Columns and Commentary category, marking the first time a National Magazine Award in a reporting category was given to an online-only publication.
- Slate's John Dickerson was awarded the 2012 Gerald R. Ford Prize for reporting on the Presidency for special Slate series on presidential leadership.
- Slate was named winner of a 2012 Online Journalism Award in the Online Commentary category for its coverage of Mad Men.
- Slate's Daniel Engber was awarded the 2012 Keck Futures Initiative Communication Award for his special Slate series "The Mouse Trap."
- In 2011, Slate was awarded the National Magazine Award for General Excellence, Digital Media.
- Slate's trio of Gabfests—the Culture Gabfest, Political Gabfest, and Hang up and Listen—won the 2011 AdAge Media Vanguard Award for Best Podcast Series, Digital Native
- Slate was the winner of the 2009 Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism, marking the first time an online-only publication received this award.
RECENT PRESS ABOUT SLATE:
The New York Times (May 7, 2013), GE Capital Puts on a Lending Roadshow (with Slate)
Poynter (May 2, 2013), How Slate doubled Facebook referrals in less than a year
PaidContent (Feb. 5, 2013), “The brain of the New York Times, the body of BuzzFeed” – Slate’s third act
Min Online (Oct. 11, 2012), Slate Crowd-Sources the Assignment Desk
Nieman Journalism Lab (June 4, 2012), Slate doubles down on podcasts, courting niche audiences and happy advertisers
MediaPost, (April 12, 2012), Whither the Podcast? In Defense of Digital Media's Great Creation
The New York Times, (March 1, 2012), Slate to Begin a Monthly Review of Books
Mashable, (Jan. 30, 2012), Slate Gets Personal With Customized Newsfeed