HR Generalist, Slate
He/she should be comfortable handling a broad range of responsibilities and taking an employee-focused approach to HR. We expect our HR generalist to embrace and sustain our uniquely collegial culture. An ideal candidate will come equipped with top-notch organizational skills, an upbeat disposition, and a practical and healthy respect for compliance.
This position will report to Slate’s general manager, and comes with full benefits, including health, 401(k), pension, commuting subsidy.
- Serve as primary HR contact to manage the day-to-day HR functions.
- Onboard new employees and introduce them to the Slate ecosystem.
- Be the benefits expert—work with corporate benefits team to communicate new programs and changes.
- Own and rollout key HR programs such as performance reviews, employee orientation, open enrollment, and retention initiatives.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Manage intern program; create format and events.
- Keep accurate records in HRIS (Peoplesoft).
- 2–3 years of HR experience.
- Proven project management/juggling skills and ability to drive programs independently.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent years of field related experience.
- Confident and enthusiastic about HR.
- Likes to think outside-the-box and embraces a casual work environment.
- HR experience in a media or digital organization.