Slate is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic creative project manager to join the custom publishing team. This person will be responsible for managing creative production from start to finish for custom advertising campaigns. He or she must be skilled managing creative projects involving a large number of people, must be knowledgeable about the creative production process, and have a keen eye for design and aesthetics. This person must also be comfortable managing clients and have proven organizational, leadership, and time-management skills.
Essential duties include:
- Creating project timelines and plans
- Working closely with creative teams
- Managing cross-functional teams
- Developing creative briefs
- Providing client service to agencies and clients throughout the production process
- Ensuring adherence to strategy, budget, schedules, and deliverables throughout each campaign
- 2+ years experience (creative advertising agency preferred)
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree
- Proven organizational and project-management skills on creative projects
- Must possess leadership qualities and skills that keep team members on track and motivate them to drive the project to a successful conclusion
- Must have high expectations and have a high standard of excellence for himself or herself and the project team
- Original thinker
- Independent, highly motivated, and very accountable in everything he or she does
- A passion for problem solving and creating unique solutions in a quickly changing environment
- Ability to work and communicate well under pressure
- Ability to use Microsoft Project or similar software to create project plans
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of standard Web applications and rich Web technologies (e.g., Web 2.0, HTML, browsers, Flash)
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proven organizational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of interactive tools, such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiar with branded and sponsored content campaigns
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. Submit your application to email@example.com. All applications must include a résumé and cover letter to be considered.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Irritating Confidante
John Dickerson on Ben Bradlee’s fascinating relationship with John F. Kennedy.
My Father Invented Social Networking at a Girls’ Reform School in the 1930s
Renée Zellweger’s New Face Is Too Real
Sleater-Kinney Was Once America’s Best Rock Band
Can it be again?
The All The President’s Men Scene That Captured Ben Bradlee
Is It Better to Be a Hero Like Batman?
Or an altruist like Bruce Wayne?
Driving in Circles
The autonomous Google car may never actually happen.