Echoing a claim President Obama made during the State of the Union, Hillary Clinton described Abraham Lincoln as a unifying figure during an Iowa town hall last night—a strange thing to say, pundits and historians have noted, about someone whose election immediately triggered the Civil War. In other news:
- Obama issued an executive order banning juvenile inmates in federal prisons from being subjected to solitary confinement.
- Jerry Falwell Jr. endorsed noted evangelical moralist Donald Trump.
- Trump's campaign is claiming that he won't participate in Thursday's Fox News debate because Megyn Kelly, who has previously asked him "unfair" questions about misogyny, will be working it.
- Bernie Sanders released another inspirational ad—this one featuring a more diverse cast of non-white Bernie supporters than his previous effort.
- And the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists presented its annual Doomsday Clock update; humanity is still three minutes to midnight.
Have a good day out there!