Sarah Palin, master of compelling nonsense syntax, missed her first announced event with Donald Trump today but came back strong to blame Barack Obama for her son's arrest on a domestic violence charge. In other news:
- A human rights group that monitors Syria says that ISIS has given its fighters a pay cut, though there's no indication that its ability to bring in new recruits is lagging.
- John Kasich is putting together a mini-surge in New Hampshire, which could be great news for Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.
- The Supreme Court relaxed restrictions on the death penalty by an 8-1 vote, a surprising outcome given the subject.
- At least 22 people were killed at a university in Pakistan in the fifth major jihadist attack against a civilian target that the world has seen since Jan. 11.
- The grand jury investigating Tamir Rice's death apparently never actually voted not to charge the officers involved, and no one in the Cleveland court system seems to be able to explain why that's so.
- The mega-blizzard forecasted for the East Coast this weekend could also involve coastal flooding. Awesome!
- And an event officially called the Lesser-Known Candidates Forum was held in New Hampshire. It turns out there are a lot of random ticked-off white men running for president!
Have a good day out there.