Donald Trump announced today that he supports an immediate suspension of Muslim immigration to the United States. Yep. In other news:
- Trump also questioned President Obama's assertion that some United States Muslims are "sports heroes." (Muhammad Ali would be one.)
- The xenophobic, right-wing National Front is now the most popular political party in France.
- The FBI said the San Bernardino killers had been "radicalized" for "quite some time," though it's not clear what that means.
- Rachel Dolezal is naming her son after Langston Hughes.
- The Supreme Court ignored a specious argument that assault weapons are constitutionally protected.
- Bernie Sanders came out against nuclear energy, which one might argue is an effectively pro-fossil fuel move.
- Venezuela's authoritarian socialist government acknowledged electoral defeat.
- A woman in Brooklyn was recorded on video eating pizza while walking away from the aftermath of a fatal car crash.
- As police resignations related to the Laquan McDonald case continued, Chicago authorities announced they would not be prosecuting another officer who killed a young black man at around the same time.
Have a good day out there, if you can.