For the last month, we’ve been exploring geoengineering as part of Futurography, a series in which Future Tense introduces readers to the technologies that will define tomorrow. In the video above, we boil some of that knowledge down to its essence, discussing risks and rewards associated with three of the most viable proposals. Whether geoengineering ends up saving the world or turns out to be a giant dud, this video will help ensure that you’re informed about whatever’s ahead.
Read more from Futurography on geoengineering:
- “What’s the Deal With Geoengineering?”
- “Your Geoengineering Cheat Sheet”
- “The Two Questions You Should Ask Yourself About Climate Change”
- “What Experiments to Block Out the Sun Can’t Tell Us”
- “Geoengineering’s Moral Hazard Problem”
- “Why We Should Research Geoengineering Now”
- “How Geoengineering Could Affect the Global Climate: An Interactive"
- “These Two Experts Answered Your Burning Geoengineering Questions”
- “The Good, Bad, and Ugly Approaches to Geoengineering”
- “Why Science-Fiction Writers Find It So Hard to Discuss Climate Tech”