Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris talks Janicza Bravo, about her new movie Lemon, challenging what it means to be a black female filmmaker, and directing that great episode of Atlanta, “Juneteenth.” Also, Slate’s chief political correspondent, Jamelle Bouie, joins us for the second week in a row, to discuss Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit.
- Aisha separates fact from fiction in Detroit
- Read why theses academics believe Detroit Is the most irresponsible and dangerous movie of the year
- Jamelle recommends watching Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing instead of Detroit
- Slate’s Dana Stevens on who gets to make art out of black pain
- Aisha talking about Detroit on NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour
- Janicza Bravo’s first short film, Eat
- The A.V. Club’s review of Atlanta’s “Juneteenth” episode
- The six short stories that made Janicza feel represented on-screen: Wild Tales
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at email@example.com.