Prudie says it’s OK to ghost your social media followers but not a child who thinks you’re her family. Then, MTV News writer Jane Coaston joins in to advise on:
- What to do if your mom uses surviving cancer as an excuse to spoil your kids.
- How to tell a family friend her husband is being a creep.
- How to make your extroverted family and introverted boyfriend get along.
- How to tune out a loud co-worker.
- And how to ask a sibling to chip in for your mom’s care.
Finally, Prudence outlines more of the “lost at sea” dating handbook.
Slate Plus members get full-length ad-free episodes of Slate’s Dear Prudence podcast every week. Membership starts at just $5 a month. Sign up today and try Slate Plus free for two weeks.
Copy this link and add it to your podcast app:
For full instructions see the Slate Plus podcasts FAQ.
Access to the full Dear Prudence podcast is available exclusively to Slate Plus members. Learn more and listen to previous episodes at Slate.com/PrudiePod.
Got a question for Prudie? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or leave a voicemail message at 401-371-DEAR (3327), and you may hear your question answered on a future episode of the show.
Read Prudie’s Slate columns here. Production by Audrey Dilling.