The 21st Century Classroom Hive Terms and Conditions
11. On or about 11/5/2010, the Entry Materials of each of the Finalists will be posted on the Slate web site during the Winner Selection round and the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite. This voting period will begin on or about 11/5/2010 and end on or about 11/14/2010. Public voting during the Winner Selection round is for entertainment purposes only. The results of this public voting will not determine which Finalist will be selected as the winner of the promotion ("Winner"). Instead, on or about 11/17/2010, Slate will decide, in its sole discretion, which Finalist is the Winner based on the originality and feasibility of each submission. Winner will be promptly notified via email (and/or other means) to the email address submitted as part of his/her entry. Selected Winner must respond to such notice within two (2) business days. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
12. Each day during the voting periods, a voter may submit up to one vote for each of the listed submissions/entries. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Slate in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Slate, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.
13. Slate shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Term and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
14. In Slate's sole discretion, an entrant may be disqualified if such entrant (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engages in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
15. There are no prizes being offered in this promotion.
16. By participating in this promotion, each entrant gives Slate permission to use his/her Entry Materials and other information provided to Slate in any manner or media in its sole discretion, including without limitation to display such materials on or in connection with Slate.com in perpetuity. In addition, each entrant understands that the Entry Materials of the Winner and/or certain Entrants may be used in whole or in part by Slate, sponsor(s) of this promotion, and other third parties to build a classroom, subject to prior approval by the Winner and/or Entrants for such use.
17. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Slate, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Slate and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. Slate disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
18. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or winner from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Slate.
19. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia exclusively and solely by and within the courts of the District of Columbia with regard to choice of law principles.