SLATE RING TONE DOWNLOAD AND SMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You must read these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and accept them in order to be able to download and use ring tones ("Ring Tone Downloads") and receive SMS messages ("SMS Content") from Slate (the "Service"). If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Service.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to agree to and enter into these Terms and Conditions on your own behalf and to use the Service. If you are under 18, but at least 13 years of age, you must present these Terms and Conditions to your parent or legal guardian, and he or she must agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions on your behalf.
2. Slate does not charge you for Ring Tones Downloads or SMS Content; however, you may incur charges from your wireless service provider/network operator. Please check the terms of your wireless service agreement and/or service plan for more information regarding the fees associated with sending/receiving SMS messages and data download charges. Other charges may also apply. Contact your wireless service provider/network operator if you have questions about fees/charges. SLATE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHARGES YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER/NETWORK OPERATOR MAY LEVY AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
3. The Service is not compatible with all mobile devices/carriers. You must have a SMS-enabled mobile device to receive SMS Content and an Internet-enabled mobile device in order to access Ring Tone Downloads. The Ring Tone Downloads are available on the short code 98999 on the following carriers: AT&T Mobility, Cellular One Dobson, Sprint PCS, and T-Mobile.
4. You will not use the Ring Tone Downloads or the SMS Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. The Ring Tone Downloads and SMS Content are the property of Slate or its licensors. You may not distribute, duplicate, or resell the Ring Tone Downloads or the SMS Content without the authorization of Slate or use the Ring Tone Downloads or SMS Content for any commercial purpose. You may not use the Ring Tone Downloads or the SMS Content in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any website or network or interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of his or her mobile device.
5. In consideration of your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, Slate grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, single-user right to download and use the Ring Tone Downloads and receive the SMS Content on your personal mobile device.
6. THE SERVICE AND EACH RING TONE DOWNLOAD AND SMS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS. SLATE PROVIDES NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT OR WARRANTIES. SLATE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SLATE PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY RING TONE DOWNLOAD OR SMS CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERUPPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
7. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Slate, WASHINGTONPOST.NEWSWEEK INTERACTIVE, LLC, The Washington Post Company, and its divisions and affiliates, OR their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, SERVICE PROVIDERS, and licensors ("SLATE PARTIES") BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR LOSS OF DATA, IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICE, THE RING TONE DOWNLOADS, OR THE SMS CONTENT, OR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS, OMMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE).
8. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Slate Parties from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from your violation of these Terms and Conditions. Slate reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which it is entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide Slate with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Slate.
9. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
TO DOWNLOAD A RING TONE
Text the download keyword and the ring tone order code (e.g., "SLATE LAUGH") to '98999'. The download keyword 'SLATE' should be followed by a space and the ring tone order code (e.g., 'LAUGH'). You can visit www.slate.com/ringtones for a complete list of order codes.
You can cancel your receipt of SMS Content by sending STOP, END, or QUIT to any text message you receive or to the shortcode 98999.