- According to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton , WikiLeaks' disclosure of sensitive State Department cables was an attack, not just on the United States but on the international community. [ Politico ]
- And the leaked cables make it impossible for Hillary to continue as Secretary of State. It could be next week or next month, but sooner or later, the weakened and humiliated Secretary will have to resign. [ Slate ]
- Trolling , defined as the act of posting inflammatory, derogatory, or provocative messages in public forums, is a problem as old as the Internet itself. But there are ways to control this aggravating online behavior. [ New York Times ]
- As more women match or overtake men in education and the labor market, they are also turning traditional gender roles on their head, which can affect traditional relationship dynamics. [ New York Times ]
Photograph of Hillary Clinton by Jewel Samad/Getty Images.
TODAY IN SLATE
Justice Ginsburg’s Crucial Dissent in the Texas Voter ID Case
The Jarring Experience of Watching White Americans Speak Frankly About Race
How Facebook’s New Feature Could Come in Handy During a Disaster
The Most Ingenious Teaching Device Ever Invented
Sprawl, Decadence, and Environmental Ruin in Nevada
You Should Be Able to Sell Your Kidney
Or at least trade it for something.
- Texas Lab Worker on Cruise Tests Negative for Ebola as Dallas Hospital Apologizes
- Police Use Tear Gas to Break Up College Pumpkin Festival Turned Violent
- Racist Rancher Cliven Bundy Challenges Eric Holder in Bizarre Campaign Ad
- Supreme Court Allows Texas Law That Accepts Handgun Permits but not College IDs to Vote
An All-Female Mission to Mars
As a NASA guinea pig, I verified that women would be cheaper to launch than men.