10. The mom still does most of the heavy lifting with raising the kids.
9. Men you thought were "happily married" start asking to be your Facebook friends
8. Everyone wants to know how the money is divided and how much support you’re getting, even if they don’t ask directly.
7. It’s a good way to lose weight.
6. A major haircut seems to take place, even when you didn’t have any conscious desire to get one.
5. Country music suddenly seems appropriate programming in the car.
4. One begins to wonder if Kegels should be put back in the fitness regimen.
3. Building a social life requires infinite inspiration and meticulous planning because there’s no one around to "just hang" with.
2. There’s plenty of closet space, finally, and finally…
1. There is the delightful prospect of "new" sex!
Photograph of Vicki Iovine by Alison Reynolds.
TODAY IN SLATE
Forget Oculus Rift
This $25 cardboard box turns your phone into an incredibly fun virtual reality experience.
The Congressional Republican Digging Through Scientists’ Grant Proposals
Renée Zellweger’s New Face Is Too Real
Sleater-Kinney Was Once America’s Best Rock Band
Can it be again?
Whole Foods Is Desperate for Customers to Feel Warm and Fuzzy Again
I’m 25. I Have $250.03.
My doctors want me to freeze my eggs.
- NSA Is Letting its Chief Technical Officer Work 20 Hours a Week for a Private Company
- After 13 Years of U.S. Occupation, Afghanistan Opium Production Is at an All-Time High
- The Pennsylvania Fugitive Sniper Is Still at Large After 39 Days
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years, May Only Serve Ten Months
Smash and Grab
Will competitive Senate contests in Kansas and South Dakota lead to more late-breaking races in future elections?