Public Policy Polling trolls, and I listen.
1. If you're a Republican, there's a one-in-five chance you think President Obama is the Anti-Christ. Or that you think it would be funny to say so.
2. If you're under 30, you're more likely than anyone else to believe in lizard people but less likely than anyone else to believe in a JFK assassination conspiracy.
3. If you're Hispanic, you're more likely than a black or white person to think a UFO was found in Roswell.
4. If you're an independent, you're more likely than some lemming member of the partisan duopoly to think aliens are real.
5. If you voted for Mitt Romney, you're still trying to figure out whether Saddam Hussein had a role in 9/11. Maybe you're really into the work of Laurie Mylroie.
Correction, April 2, 2013: This post originally misspelled Laurie Mylroie's last name.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Budget Disaster that Sabotaged the WHO’s Response to Ebola
How Movies Like Contagion and Outbreak Distort Our Response to Real Epidemics
PowerPoint Is the Worst, and Now It’s the Latest Way to Hack Into Your Computer
Everything You Should Know About Today’s Eclipse
An Unscientific Ranking of Really, Really Old German Beers
Welcome to 13th Grade!
Some high schools are offering a fifth year. That’s a great idea.
The Actual World
“Mount Thoreau” and the naming of things in the wilderness.