Here, from the gallery of the House, is the bipartisan seating I've seen so far:
- Alabama's Jeff Sessions with Minnesota's Amy Klobuchar
- Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) next to Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.). Both have chaired the Energy & Commerce committee; Upton wants to repeal the health care bill Dingell championed.
- Rep. Kristi Noem (R-SD) and Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-Tex.)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) and Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY) is seated between Democrats Anthony Weiner and Charlie Rangel
- Rep. Al Green and Rep. Michael Burgess, both of Texas
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex), both heads of their party's Senate election committees
- Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich next to fellow Ohioan Rep. Steven LaTourette. The entire Ohio delegation has alternated seating
- Rep. Shelley Berkley next to fellow Nevadan, freshman Republican Rep. Joe Heck
- Rep. Hansen Clarke (D-Mich) next to Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash). Both are freshmen.
- Rep. Tom Price next to Rep. John Lewis, both from Georgia
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (R-Fla) and Rep. John Culberson (R-Tex)
- Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island with Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee
- Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA), and Rep. Norm Dicks (D-Wa.)
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) and Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La)
- Delaware's Tom Carper with Massachusetts's Scott Brown
- New Sen. Jerry Moran, of Kansas, with Missouri's William Lacy Clay
- Olympia Snowe with Mary Landrieu
- Rep. John Mica (R-Fla) with Barbara Boxer*
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly and Georgia Rep. Tom Graves
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV)
- Rep. Phil Gingrey with a Democratic colleague from Georgia, David Scott
- Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) and Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Tex) -- they hold the same job in their respective caucuses
- Rules Chairman David Dreier seated between two California colleagues, Maxine Waters and Jane Harman
- The Arizona delegation has alternated seating -- Flake, Grijalva, Franks.
I'll update this as people settle in.
*I originally missated Mica's state of origin
TODAY IN SLATE
Forget Oculus Rift
This $25 cardboard box turns your phone into an incredibly fun virtual reality experience.
The Congressional Republican Digging Through Scientists’ Grant Proposals
The 2014 Kansas City Royals Show the Value of Building a Mediocre Baseball Team
The GOP Won’t Win Any Black Votes With Its New “Willie Horton” Ad
Whole Foods Is Desperate for Customers to Feel Warm and Fuzzy Again
I’m 25. I Have $250.03.
My doctors want me to freeze my eggs.
- NSA Is Letting its Chief Technical Officer Work 20 Hours a Week for a Private Company
- After 13 Years of U.S. Occupation, Afghanistan Opium Production Is at an All-Time High
- The Pennsylvania Fugitive Sniper Is Still at Large After 39 Days
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years, May Only Serve Ten Months