Here, from the gallery of the House, is the bipartisan seating I've seen so far:
- Alabama's Jeff Sessions with Minnesota's Amy Klobuchar
- Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) next to Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.). Both have chaired the Energy & Commerce committee; Upton wants to repeal the health care bill Dingell championed.
- Rep. Kristi Noem (R-SD) and Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-Tex.)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) and Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY) is seated between Democrats Anthony Weiner and Charlie Rangel
- Rep. Al Green and Rep. Michael Burgess, both of Texas
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex), both heads of their party's Senate election committees
- Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich next to fellow Ohioan Rep. Steven LaTourette. The entire Ohio delegation has alternated seating
- Rep. Shelley Berkley next to fellow Nevadan, freshman Republican Rep. Joe Heck
- Rep. Hansen Clarke (D-Mich) next to Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash). Both are freshmen.
- Rep. Tom Price next to Rep. John Lewis, both from Georgia
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (R-Fla) and Rep. John Culberson (R-Tex)
- Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island with Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee
- Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA), and Rep. Norm Dicks (D-Wa.)
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) and Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La)
- Delaware's Tom Carper with Massachusetts's Scott Brown
- New Sen. Jerry Moran, of Kansas, with Missouri's William Lacy Clay
- Olympia Snowe with Mary Landrieu
- Rep. John Mica (R-Fla) with Barbara Boxer*
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly and Georgia Rep. Tom Graves
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV)
- Rep. Phil Gingrey with a Democratic colleague from Georgia, David Scott
- Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) and Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Tex) -- they hold the same job in their respective caucuses
- Rules Chairman David Dreier seated between two California colleagues, Maxine Waters and Jane Harman
- The Arizona delegation has alternated seating -- Flake, Grijalva, Franks.
I'll update this as people settle in.
*I originally missated Mica's state of origin
TODAY IN SLATE
Here’s Where We Stand With Ebola
Even experienced international disaster responders are shocked at how bad it’s gotten.
It Is Very, Very Stupid to Compare Hope Solo to Ray Rice
The U.S. Is So, So Far Behind Europe on Clean Energy
Even if You Don’t Like Batman, You Might Like Gotham
Friends Was the Last Purely Pleasurable Sitcom
This Whimsical Driverless Car Imagines Transportation in 2059
Meet the New Bosses
How the Republicans would run the Senate.