Here, from the gallery of the House, is the bipartisan seating I've seen so far:
- Alabama's Jeff Sessions with Minnesota's Amy Klobuchar
- Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) next to Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.). Both have chaired the Energy & Commerce committee; Upton wants to repeal the health care bill Dingell championed.
- Rep. Kristi Noem (R-SD) and Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-Tex.)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) and Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY) is seated between Democrats Anthony Weiner and Charlie Rangel
- Rep. Al Green and Rep. Michael Burgess, both of Texas
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex), both heads of their party's Senate election committees
- Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich next to fellow Ohioan Rep. Steven LaTourette. The entire Ohio delegation has alternated seating
- Rep. Shelley Berkley next to fellow Nevadan, freshman Republican Rep. Joe Heck
- Rep. Hansen Clarke (D-Mich) next to Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash). Both are freshmen.
- Rep. Tom Price next to Rep. John Lewis, both from Georgia
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (R-Fla) and Rep. John Culberson (R-Tex)
- Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island with Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee
- Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA), and Rep. Norm Dicks (D-Wa.)
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) and Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La)
- Delaware's Tom Carper with Massachusetts's Scott Brown
- New Sen. Jerry Moran, of Kansas, with Missouri's William Lacy Clay
- Olympia Snowe with Mary Landrieu
- Rep. John Mica (R-Fla) with Barbara Boxer*
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly and Georgia Rep. Tom Graves
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV)
- Rep. Phil Gingrey with a Democratic colleague from Georgia, David Scott
- Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) and Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Tex) -- they hold the same job in their respective caucuses
- Rules Chairman David Dreier seated between two California colleagues, Maxine Waters and Jane Harman
- The Arizona delegation has alternated seating -- Flake, Grijalva, Franks.
I'll update this as people settle in.
*I originally missated Mica's state of origin
TODAY IN SLATE
The Budget Disaster that Sabotaged the WHO’s Response to Ebola
Are the Attacks in Canada a Sign of ISIS on the Rise in the West?
PowerPoint Is the Worst, and Now It’s the Latest Way to Hack Into Your Computer
Is It Offensive When Kids Use Bad Words for Good Causes?
Fascinating Maps Based on Reddit, Craigslist, and OkCupid Data
The Real Secret of Serial
What reporter Sarah Koenig actually believes.
The Actual World
“Mount Thoreau” and the naming of things in the wilderness.