Watch this ad:
And now, read the casting call for actors in Philadelphia, obtained by Mike Allen at Politico.
Below please find booking information for your actor(s) for thePolitical Spot. Please ask them to read over copy (it is confidential). Please confirm this email.
Call Time: 2pm
Location: The Oregon Diner
3rd & Oregon Sts
Phila PA 19148
- We are going for a 'Hicky’ Blue Collar look. These characters are from West Virginia so think coal miner/trucker looks
- Each character should bring a several options and stay away from allblack or all white or thin stripes (thicker stripes and plaid are good)
- Clothing Suggestions:
Dickie's type jacket with t-shirt underneath
Down filled vest
John Deer hats (not brand new, preferably beat up)
Trucker hats (not brand new, preferably beat up)
No Thin Stripes
- As far as the script goes, the dialect should be very plain – noaccent, but animated actions. These guys are upset about these politics.
How hard can it be to find angry -- excuse me -- hicky blue collar types who are angry in West Virginia? Joe Manchin's losing! I assume some of the people making him lose are upset, and have hats.
TODAY IN SLATE
Blacks Don’t Have a Corporal Punishment Problem
I Bought the Huge iPhone. I’m Already Thinking of Returning It.
Scotland Is Just the Beginning. Expect More Political Earthquakes in Europe.
Lifetime Didn’t Think the Steubenville Rape Case Was Dramatic Enough
So they added a little self-immolation.
Two Damn Good, Very Different Movies About Soldiers Returning From War
- North Korea: American Sentenced to Hard Labor Wanted to Become “Second Snowden”
- Almost One in Four Americans Support Idea of Splitting From the Union
- ESPN Story Alleges Ravens, NFL Are Scapegoating Ray Rice in Coverup
- Dean of Islamic Studies at University of Karachi is Murdered Amid "Blasphemy" Allegations
The Most Terrifying Thing About Ebola
The disease threatens humanity by preying on humanity.