Using transcripts from CNN and the New York Times debate analyzer , I crunched some stats from last night's GOP debate.
- 3: Number of times Hillary Clinton was mentioned
- 4: Number of times Bill Clinton was mentioned
- 2: Number of times Mitt Romney mentioned health care
- 0: Number of times any other candidate mentioned health care
- 5: Number of times Rudy Giuliani said "Islamic"
Number of times any other candidate said "Islamic," "Islam," or "Muslim"
- 4: Number of times Duncan Hunter addressed Anderson Cooper as "Cooper." No other candidate followed suit.
- 2: Number of times the candidates mentioned President Bush
- 26: Number of times, according to CNN's transcript, the audience laughed
Number of times the audience laughed after watching a question from a YouTube user
- 7: Number of times the audience laughed after a Fred Thompson joke
- 4: Number of times the audience laughed after a Mike Huckabee joke
- 0: Number of times the audience laughed after Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter said something
Also, a breakdown of which candidates speak the fastest. Mitt Romney's mouth was a-flappin', while Fred Thompson, unsurprisingly, was the slowest talker.
If you'd like, feel free to compare the words-per-second
statistics to the Democrats'