The Supreme Court ruled unanimously today that Alabama must recognize a same-sex adoption which took place in Georgia, a decision that one legal expert calls "a signal to courts around the country that the obligation to treat same-sex couples equally in our legal system cannot be avoided." In other news:
- Michael Bloomberg announced he will not run for president as a third-party candidate because doing so could help Donald Trump or Ted Cruz take the White House.
- Trump, who complains endlessly about Chinese businesses and immigrants taking advantage of the United States, is funding one of his projects through a controversial system that allows Chinese investors to receive expedited visas.
- Maria Sharapova announced that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open.
- The U.S. says it killed 150 Somali jihadists in an air attack on Saturday.
- Florida has revised its death penalty system in response to a January Supreme Court ruling.
- Marco Rubio may be staging a Florida comeback but may also be cratering in Ohio.
- And a quick-thinking baseball fan at spring training saved a boy who was a little too fixated on his phone from getting hit by a flying bat.
Have a good night out there.