TRUMP. ROMNEY. CHRISTIE. The three sexiest men in America, and the three men who were all over the headlines today:
- Romney gave a speech denouncing Trump as a fraudulent totalitarian.
- Trump responded by rambling for a solid hour about how Romney is a loser. (In indirectly Trump-related news, a 1922 New York Times article which asserted that Hitler was only pretending to be anti-Semitic circulated online.)
- Chris Christie held a press conference and said that he will not resign, as a number of newspapers in his state have called on him to do in the days since his Trump endorsement.
In other news:
- There is a guy at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference whose job is to tell Republicans how they might appeal to minority voters. That guy's job is pretty hard this year.
- Two-thirds of Americans believe that the Senate should hold hearings on a potential Supreme Court replacement for Antonin Scalia if Obama nominates someone.
- Psychologists said a study that said most psycholgical studies are suspect is suspect.
- A team of refugees—elite athletes who are unable for political/practical reasons to represent their home countries—will compete in this summer's Olympics.
- And a driver in upstate New York was arrested because she was using a comical homemade cardboard license plate instead of a real license plate.
Have a good night out there!