It's time to put on your Caucus Pants and begin grilling the traditional Caucuswurst, because today is Iowa Caucus Day! Slate campaign blogger and Actual Iowan Josh Voorhees wrote about what's at stake for Democrats here (it seems like Bernie Sanders must win if he's really going to make this a race) and for Republicans here (Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump). In other news:
- Sanders and Clinton have both raised a ton of money.
- Europe is trying to pin the blame for its refugee crisis on Greece.
- The World Health Organization, perhaps cognizant that it's widely thought to have responded too slowly to Ebola, has declared the burgeoning Zika virus outbreak a health emergency.
- Authorities say a man arrested days ago in California disappeared and changed his name after being accused of child molestation in 1979 in Louisiana, where he was a kids' TV host named "Mr. Wonder."
- Two Virginia Tech students were arrested and charged with crimes related to the murder of a local 13-year-old.
- More than one million people could be about to lose food stamp benefits because of a conservative-friendly provision in the John Kasich-sponsored, Hillary Clinton-supported 1996 welfare bill.
- And Donald Trump went to church and tried to put a donation on a communion plate.
Have a good day out there.