Former Providence mayor Buddy Cianci—a legendary, charismatic politico from the old school who played a major part in reviving a 380-year-old city and had to resign from office because of a felony conviction on two different occasions—has died at age 74. In other news:
- Reports suggest that state and Congressional investigations of the Flint disaster might end up being Republican whitewashes.
- Donald Trump has said the event he's holding to protest tonight's Fox News debate might benefit the Wounded Warriors charity—a group that in recent days has been the subject of two investigative reports that suggest it wastes money that might be going to veterans on luxury perks for its employees.
- Trump also pulled off the feat of making our foreign affairs blogger sympathize with the Saudi royal family.
- The armed occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon seems to be coming to an end.
- And the U.S. is considering military action in Libya again. Great! Great.
Have a good day out there.