Well, Sarah Palin endorsed Donald Trump today in a kind of ceremonial passing of the torch from one cartoon manifestation of America's white-nationalist id to another. Not incidentally, polls show that Trump's candidacy is doing some pretty strong damage to national perceptions of the Republican party. In other news:
- The Senate will consider, but likely a reject, a bill that would slow the admission of Syrian and Iraqi refugees.
- President Obama was scheduled to meet with Flint, Michigan mayor Karen Weaver to discuss the city's lead-poisoning crisis.
- Things are going great between the U.S. and Iran! Things could also deteriorate at any moment.
- The Supreme Court will rule on the constitutionality of President Obama's executive orders deferring deportation for some 5 million undocumented immigrants.
- China's slow economy is dragging down the rest of the world. Thanks a lot, China.
- The most popular Slatest post of the day was actually about a big impending East Coast blizzard, but I didn't make that the lead newsletter item because I grew up in Michigan and it always got my goat when East Coast media outlets would make East Coast weather their top story. It's probably going to be a really big giant blizzard, though.
Have a good day out there!