President Barack "Barry" Obama gives his last State of the Union speech tonight at 9 p.m. ET. Hillary Clinton is hoping he'll talk a lot about guns; Republicans are already ticked off that he's leaving an empty seat in the gallery to symbolize the victims of gun violence. In other news:
- At least 10 people were killed by a bomb in Istanbul near two popular tourist destinations; ISIS is suspected of involvement.
- The Supreme Court ruled 8-1 that Florida cannot allow judges to overrule juries on death penalty decisions.
- Anti-refugee backlash is building in Germany after women in Cologne were sexually assaulted on New Year's Eve by groups of men believed to have included a number of asylum-seekers.
- A white supremacist group is making automated advocacy calls endorsing Donald Trump in Iowa.
- A new book by investigative reporter Jane Mayer says Fred Koch, father of the conservative billionaire megadonors Charles and David Koch, built an oil refinery for Hitler.
- And hero firefighters responded to the candy-covered scene of a shelf collapse at a Boca Raton Party City store.
Have a good day out there!