Texas governor Greg Abbott called for some truly crazy Constitutional amendments today, suggesting among other things that a two-thirds majority of states be allowed to overrule Supreme Court decisions. In other news:
- Mexican authorities say they've recaptured El Chapo in a firefight. Given that he's already escaped from them twice, will they extradite him to the United States?
- The governor of Maine complained about drug dealers with names like "D-Money" who come to Maine from New York and impregnate white women. Then his spokesman said the comment had nothing to with race.
- Donald "I literally have never thought about a single thing I've said before it came out of my mouth" Trump talked off the cuff about making sure guns are allowed in school zones.
- It's becoming unfortunately clear that retaking cities from ISIS requires destroying huge portions of those cities.
- A Philadelphia police officer survived a 13-shot ambush; his assailant reportedly told authorities he was acting "in the name of Islam" after being captured.
- Two-thirds of Americans support President Obama's proposals to improve the gun background check system, but a majority also oppose his plan to implement them via executive action.
- And the U.S. accidentally shipped a Hellfire missile to Cuba. LOL!
Have a good weekend.