The Chinese stock market crashed so badly that it was shut down this morning after only 29 minutes of trading, which is crazy, right? Here's why it happened. (And here's the Mad Men clip from which the phrase "Not great, Bob!" originates, by the way.) In other news:
- Donald Trump released an attack ad targeting three politicians who he's previously given money to.
- Marco Rubio pretended not to know that everyone is a-flutter and a-twitter about his fancy boots.
- A Michigan man was arrested for stealing sex toys after he got engaged in a Walmart and fell asleep in a mall food court.
- Jeb's campaign is trying to gin up some momentum with the news that it's gotten a $10 million donation from a bajillionaire named Hank Greenberg—but it's possible that the donation was made months ago.
- A knife-wielding man who reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" was shot outside a Paris police station on the first anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo killings.
- Iran escalated its conflict with Saudi Arabia in a major way by banning Iranian citizens from going on pilgramages to Mecca.
- And Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza were elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. (In a travesty of American justice, Tim Raines and Alan Trammell continue to languish unselected.)
Have a good day out there.