A poll found that 30 percent of Republican primary voters and 19 percent of Democratic primary voters would support bombing "Agrabah," which is the made-up city in Disney's Aladdin. To be fair, it was a trick question in an otherwise normal poll; on the other hand, the poll found other evidence of Islamophobic sentiment, and a watchdog group has reported that hate crimes against Muslims have spiked since the Nov. 13 Paris attacks. In other news:
- Bernie Sanders' campaign fired a staffer who improperly accessed Clinton-campaign voter data through a Democratic National Committee database. The DNC has shut down Sanders' access to the database in response to the violation, a move that Sanders' campaign says it may sue over.
- Hillary and Bernie will be debating Saturday night, and given the way the race is going, Bernie would have to go negative to get any traction out of it—but he probably won't.
- Star Wars came out, which means presidential candidates came up with contrived ways to tie their campaigns to Star Wars.
- The threat of ISIS is helping resolve other conflicts across the Middle East and North Africa.
- And President Obama declined to drink his own urine on a TV appearance with Bear Grylls in which he discussed climate change.
Have a good weekend!
*Correction, Dec. 18, 2015: This post originally misidentified Agrabah as a country. But the script of Aladdin clearly identifies it as a specific city!