As Republican presidential candidates prepared to debate tonight in Las Vegas, a Donald Trump rally turned ugly (uglier) as supporters shouted "Sieg Heil" and "Light the motherfucker on fire" at a black protester who had been subdued by security guards.
- China is taking steps to address its own domestic version of the U.S. undocumented-immigrant conundrum: Millions of citizens who have migrated internally (often from rural areas to cities) without official permission.
- Arizona Congressman Trent Franks tried to tweet something nice about the Bill of Rights and it did not go well.
- The city of Flint, Michigan declared a state of emergency related to a rapid rise in the amount of lead detected in the bloodstreams of local children.
- Los Angeles closed its entire school system because of what it said was a credible terror threat, though at this point the threat seems to have been a hoax.
- And President Obama greeted a group of newly sworn-in citizens with a speech about the U.S.'s history of welcoming (and occasionally not welcoming) immigrants.
Have a good day out there and please don't light anyone on fire because they interrupted your creepy, anti-Muslim nationalist rally.