In a bit of good news for opponents of insane right-wing nationalism, the National Front fared poorly in the second round of this year's French regional elections. Other major developments:
- Video emerged of a California police officer shooting a suspected drunk driver in the neck for no apparent reason after a car crash.
- Donald Trump's doctor released a bombastic statement about how Trump would be the healthiest president ever.
- A longtime NBA referee said publicly that he is gay after he was reportedly the target of a homophobic rant by Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo.
- The biggest reason for the unseasonably warm temperatures across the country is El Niño, not global warming, so you can enjoy yourself guilt-free.
- The U.S. threatened to pull out of the giant Paris climate deal over the difference between the words "shall and "should."
- Donald Trump has started trying to badger Ted Cruz.
- Marco Rubio suggested that he would appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn the marriage equality ruling.
- And some horse racing fans are mad that a human, rather than American Pharoah, was selected as Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson of the Year.
Have a good day out there, humans and horses.