Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan will give away 99 percent of their Facebook fortune, Zuckerberg announced today in a post commemorating the birth of the couple's first child. In other news:
- A New York Times profile of accused Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Dear portrayed him as a violent creep who may have abused two of his wives and possibly raped a woman at knifepoint.
- Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel fired city police chief Garry McCarthy as fallout from Laquan McDonald shooting continued.
- "Ghost boats" with dead people aboard keep washing up in Japan, probably as a result of tragic actions in North Korea.
- Britain may begin air strikes in Syria.
- Obama got undeserved grief for pointing out that climate change and terrorism are linked.
- Josh Voorhees reviewed the state of the 2016 GOP race with two months to go before the votes start gettin' cast. The takeaway: TRUMP.
- And Jeb Bush's spokesman asked on Twitter whether people can get raped by bears. The backstory involves Matt Drudge and Leonardi DiCaprio.
Have a good day out there.